The Advisory Committee on Clinical Excellence Awards (ACCEA) is now accepting applications for the 2021 national Clinical Excellence Awards competition. It will close to applications at 5pm on Thursday 18 March 2021.
Consultants and academic GPs working for the NHS in England and Wales can apply for new national awards and for renewals due in 2021. This includes those who were due to renew in 2020 and whose awards were extended by one year.
ACCEA wants to hear from applicants who have delivered patient or NHS system benefit that is ‘over and above’ their contracted activities, particularly where it has had a demonstrable national and international impact. ACCEA specifically encourages applications from female and BAME consultants, who are underrepresented as a proportion of total applicants but have similar success rates to male and white consultants when they apply.
Award holders will need to submit a renewal application if:
- they received their current award in the 2017 round
- their award was last renewed in 2016 (awarded in 2012, 2007, 2002
- their award was due to be renewed in 2020 and was extended by one year
Apply for BACCH support
As a recognised specialist society, BACCH is able to provide citation support to accompany members' applications. To apply for for this, you must submit the following forms directly to BACCH, in addition to your main ACCEA application:
- Application form
- Contribution to BACCH form
(forms linked at bottom of page)
Forms should be submitted to [email protected] by 5pm, Wednesday 24 February 2020.
- Any member seeking BACCH support is required to submit their own application via the ACCEA online system, as well as the above forms to BACCH
- If successful, the submission of citations by BACCH in support of applications is a separate process and can only be done once online applications have been set up by the applicant