Are you an ST6-8 Community trainee who would like experience working as a Trainee Editor of a quarterly Newsletter focussed on issues related to Community Child Health?
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in developing the content, design and reach of BACCH News, a Newsletter that goes out to all 800+ members every three months (published in March, June, September and December).
Self-nominations are sought to take up post from October 2021, to serve for two years alongside the Newsletter Editor.
- To work closely with the (Consultant) Newsletter Editor and the BACCH Executive Officer
- Seek out new content for the quarterly Newsletter
- Develop the Author Guidelines to ensure they are always relevant and up-to-date
- Respond to queries from potential authors to support in developing article ideas
- Contribute to strategic discussions about Newsletter themes
- Contribute to design discussions about Newsletter formatting
- Review, edit and comment on submitted articles, responding promptly to authors with both positive and constructive feedback, if necessary
- Attend quarterly meetings with the Newsletter team to discuss development of the Newsletter, ideas and opportunities to improve the Newsletter (both content and reach)
- Identify events or courses that might benefit from being advertised through the Newsletter
- Encourage colleagues to write articles for the Newsletter, particularly covering topical issues
- Promote the Newsletter amongst your colleagues and networks
- (You will not be a member of BACCH Executive or BACCH Council, but will be welcome to join the twice-yearly meetings for the latter.)
The lead up to each quarterly edition of BACCH News tends to be the busiest time, requiring approximately 1-2 hours per week during the four weeks before publication. (Late Feb-early March/ late May-early June/ late August-early September/ late November-early December.) In between editions, time commitment is approximately 2h/month.
This is a role intended for ST6-8 Trainees in Community Paediatrics. GRID or non-GRID trainees in Community Child Health or Neurodisability are welcome to apply. We ask that applicants are either current members of BACCH or are willing to join.
How to apply:
Please send a CV (3 pages max) along with a brief statement (250 words) outlining your experience and reasons for wanting to take up the role.
Please send applications and queries to [email protected].
Deadline for applications: 31 July 2021 [may be extended if no applications received]