Applications are sought for the following positions. All posts to start from the 2021 AGM in October:
- Chair (to serve for four years)
- Deputy Treasurer (to serve as Deputy for one year, then Treasurer for three further years)
- Deputy Academic Convenor (to serve as Deputy for two years, then Academic Convenor for two further years)
- Deputy Newsletter Editor (to serve as Deputy for one year, then Newsletter Editor for three further years)
- Chairing and facilitating EC and Council meetings
- Giving direction to policy-making Guide and mediate actions with respect to organisational priorities and governance concerns
- Bringing impartiality and objectivity to decision-making
- Policy development Representing the organisation at functions and meetings and acting as a spokesperson as appropriate (the Convenor will normally act for the Chair when the he/she is not available)
- Liaising with the Executive Officer, Convenor and Hon Treasurer to keep an overview of the organisation's affairs and to provide support as appropriate
- Regular column in each edition of BACCH News
- Providing line-management to the BACCH Executive Officer
- Trustee and Company Director
Treasurer (1st year as deputy)
- Maintain and strengthen the financial base of BACCH, to enable it to fulfil its responsibilities to its members.
- Prepare, with the help of the BACCH office, a financial report and accounts for the Annual General Meeting.
- Monitor BACCH finances and make recommendations to EC on the annual subscription, any major expenditure and any investment decisions.
- Negotiate any financial arrangements needed with other organizations.
- Ensure that the organisation’s arrangements for financial probity are sound and transparent.
- Monitor membership, with the the BACCH office and report on membership twice a year: once at the AGM and to EC after a 6-month interval.
- Contribute an article to the BACCH News when relevant.
- Trustee and Company Director
Deputy Academic Convenor
- Assisting the organisation of the programme for the BACCH ASM, including adjudication of abstracts
- Assisting the organisation of the BACCH session at the RCPCH annual conference
- Becoming Academic Convenor (after two years)
Newsletter Editor (1st year as Deputy)
- Receive all copy for the news: check all submissions for accuracy, proof read copy, check/suggest graphics for content
- Encourage the submission of articles both from EC and Council members and also via those working within the field of Community Child Health
- Consult with fellow EC members regarding material which may be contentious
- Liaise with BACCH office regarding advertising and inserts
- Liaise with designer and publisher regarding details
- Produce four editions of Newsletter per year (if on leave ensure a deputy takes over)
- Attend EC and Council meetings whenever possible
- Instruct/inform any future deputy over the course of one year prior to them taking on the role
- Member of Newsletter Editorial Board
PDF of Job descriptions document linked at bottom of page
To apply for posts
- Please send a CV (three pages max) along with a brief statement (250 words max) outlining your experience and reasons for wanting to take up the role.
- You should be a current member of BACCH or willing to join.
- Send applications and queries to the BACCH office at [email protected]
- If more than one suitable applicant (or more than two for trainee posts) applies for a position, your statement will be sent to the whole membership (or trainee members for trainee rep posts) and a vote will take place.
Deadline for applications: 30 June 2021 [deadline may be extended for some posts if no applications received]