Coordinators are sought for the following regions, to take up post immediately and to serve for four years:
- Northern Ireland
- North West England (Greater Manchester and Lancashire)
- Thames North East (Essex and the London boroughs of Barking & Dagenham, City, Hackney, Havering, Haringey, Islington, Newham, Redbridge, Tower Hamlets, and Waltham Forest)
- Thames North West (Barnet, Brent, Camden, Ealing, Enfield, Hammersmith & Fulham, Harrow, Hillingdon, Hounslow, Kensington & Chelsea, and Westminster)
- Wessex (Channel Islands, Dorset, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Gloucestershire, and Wiltshire)
- Oxford (Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire)
- Co-ordinate BACCH activities in the Region;
- Cascade information on BACCH activities to members in their Region and promote members’ tools;
- Contribute to, and encourage regional members to participate in, consultation documents;
- Liaise with the BACCH Office to ensure that contact details of regional membership is up to date;
- Maximise membership of BACCH through the promotion of the organisation with students, trainees and other paediatricians in the region;
- Organise at least one BACCH Regional meeting a year;
- Attend biannual BACCH Council meetings (usually held in June and December);
- Write a report on BACCH Activities in your region for BACCH News at least once a year.
- Advise the RCPCH Regional Lead on education and training for community doctors. (The exact nature of this role varies from region to region – for example, it could involve being a member of the regional paediatric training committee, ensuring community paediatric representation on RITA assessments as some examples.)
- It is estimated that the role requires 1 hour per week (equivalent to 0.25 PA)
PDF of Job description available at bottom of page
- Please send a CV (three pages max) along with a brief statement (250 words max) outlining your experience and reasons for wanting to take up the role.
- You should be a current member of BACCH or willing to join.
- Send applications and queries to the BACCH office ([email protected])
- If more than one suitable applicant applies for a position, your statement will be sent to the whole membership of the region and a vote will take place.
Deadline for applications: 30 Nov 2023 [deadline will be extended if no applications received]