This four-day course is suitable for core Paediatric Specialist Registrars, SHO’s, specaility doctors, specialist nurses and therapists working in community child health who want to gain a deeper understanding of core topics in community child health.
By the end of the four-day course participants will have the basic theoretical knowledge and practical guidance on conducting developmental examination, assessment of a child with disability, child protection policy, procedures and practice and working with school age children.
- Introduction to Typical Development
- Schedule of Growing Skills Assessment
- Sleep issues in Childhood
- Assessment of the School Aged Child and ADHD
- Approach to Coordination problems in children with overview of DCD
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Cerebral palsy
- Bladder and Bowel Issues
- Speech and Language impairments
- Child rights, advocacy and immunisations
- Obesity and health lifestyles
- Child safeguarding – the role of the community paediatrician
- Adoption and fostering overview
- Looked After Children – Legislation, policies and Assessment
Participants will have access to pre course lectures. No pre course learning.
Costs are £60 for one day and £200 for the whole week.
Registration queries to [email protected]
Course organisers – Evelina London Children’s Community Services
Course leads - Anupama Dolly Agrawal and Luximi Kabilan – Consultants in Community Child Health