This new 2-day course is designed for healthcare professionals who work with children and young people that have been sexually abused, or where sexual abuse is suspected.
It is aimed at practitioners who want to develop knowledge, skills and confidence around the holistic management of children and young people and their families when sexual abuse is known or suspected.
Course participants may include people who work in:
- sexual assault referral centres (SARCs), child sexual abuse or exploitation (CSA or CSE)
- general or specialist paediatrics or adolescent services
- safeguarding, including designated or named professionals for safeguarding
- children’s services senior management
- child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS)