[ACCEA have decided to delay the launch of the 2020 national Clinical Excellence Award scheme competition until Friday 13 March 2020 (was previously 13 February), when the application window will open, therefore all dates below are in relation to the new launch date.]
ACCEA has announced that the 2020 round of National Clinical Excellence Awards will open on 13 March and close on 7 May. ACCEA will accept applications for new national awards and from those due to renew their award in 2020. Consultants will need to put in a renewal application if:
- they received their current award in the 2016 round
- their award was last renewed in 2015 (awarded in 2011, 2006, 2001)
- In some cases, consultants will be renewing out of the usual cycle. Awards are reviewed earlier if there is a change in job or a significant change in job plan.
To apply for BACCH support for a Gold, Silver or Bronze award, you must submit the following forms directly to BACCH in addition to your main ACCEA application (*see below):
- Application Form
- Contribution to BACCH
You may also submit one (bronze), two (silver) or all (gold) of the following supplementary forms:
- Form D (Research & Innovation)
- Form E (Teaching & Training)
- Form F (Leadership & Management)
(All forms linked at bottom of page)
Forms should be submitted to [email protected] by 5pm, Monday 6 April 2020.
*All applications to ACCEA, new or renewal, must be made via the online system. The ACCEA online system will close at 5pm, Thursday 7 May 2020.
- Any member seeking BACCH support is required to submit their own application via the ACCEA online system, as well as the above forms to BACCH.
- This process is complex and should be begun as soon as possible to allow time to shape the best possible final application.
- If successful, the submission of citations by BACCH in support of applications is a separate process and can only be done once draft online applications have been set up by the applicant.