Nominations are sought for the following position to serve for two years, from January 2021.
- National Trainee Rep x 1
(Applicants should be higher trainees on the CCH Grid: full job description can be downloaded below)
There are two national trainee rep posts - one has been filled but we are keen to find someone to join them!
Two former trainee reps have shared their experiences of the role:
"I've really enjoyed being the BACCH National trainee rep for the last two years - it's given me the opportunity to understand how policies are formed on a national level, as well as liaise with committee and council members to organise events such as the Trainees Day and workshops at the AGM. I've met lots of wonderful colleagues through a difficult time for CCH who have been valuable sources of information. I feel that taking on this role will help me as a new consultant in the not too distant future and I would recommend it to anyone thinking of applying!"
"Your voice will represent the views of trainees in order to aid improvements of the training experience, as well as contribute to the work force planning and agenda of BACCH activities through regular executive meetings. The post was invaluable at helping me to develop my management and leadership skills, and fine tune my communication in novel ways from my peers. I could not recommend the opportunity enough and I was well supported by both BACCH and my local teams. (I loved the team so much, I could not wait to re-join the committee in another role once I had settled in to my consultant post.)"
Deadline for applications: 31 January 2021 [deadline may be extended if no applications received]
Coordinators are sought for the following regions, to take up post immediately and to serve for four years:
- Northern (County Durham, Cumbria, Northumberland, Tees Valley, and Tyne and Wear)
- Thames North East (Essex and the London boroughs of Barking & Dagenham, City, Hackney, Havering, Newham, Redbridge, Tower Hamlets, and Waltham Forest)
Job description is linked at bottom of page
Deadline for applications: Sunday 10 Jan 2021 [deadline may be extended if no applications received]
To apply for posts
- Please send a CV (three pages max) along with a brief statement (250 words max) outlining your experience and reasons for wanting to take up the role.
- You should be a current member of BACCH.
- Send applications and queries to the BACCH office at [email protected]
- If more than one suitable applicant (or more than two for trainee posts) applies for a position, your statement will be sent to the whole membership (or region for the Coordinator roles / trainee members for trainee rep posts) and a vote will take place.
Applications are also being sought for Regional Trainee Reps - see separate call for nominations.