Approving CCH job descriptions
- For posts in CCH, RCPCH Regional Leads are expected to obtain advice from the relevant BACCH Regional Coordinator, rather than the CSAC Chair.
- However, the final recommendation is the responsibility of the RCPCH Regional Advisor. (Any direct approach to a BACCH Regional Coordinator is informal.)
- The CSAC Chair is happy to assist where difficulties arise.
- Guidance on the recruitment of trained paediatricians in the UK is available via RCPCH
- (Note: employers should NOT send JDs directly to BACCH but to the RCPCH Regional Lead)
Model job descriptions
(A JD for Designated Medical Officer (DMO) for Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) in England can be found on the SEND Reforms page)
Job planning guidance for consultant community paediatricians (2005)
(This guidance is currently being reviewed but can still be used)
Job planning guidance for consultant paediatricians in combined posts
Advice on Supporting Professional Activities in consultant job planning (external link)
Please note that the combined posts guidance does not necessarily apply to Subspecialist Paediatric Neurodisability posts and you should consult the Neurodisability CSAC about such posts.