The working group was set up in autumn 2021 and delivered its report to BACCH Council in June 2022. The report was endorsed by Council and work is now underway to appoint a BACCH Research Strategy Lead.
Terms of Reference
- Refine the scope of research in Community Child Health including clinical disciplines, multidisciplinary nature, interagency working and population health.
- Map existing successful academic teams in the UK researching in community child health.
- Develop a methodology and process to prioritise research areas as patients, carers, clinicians and academics
- To provide a roadmap for the different ways in which those wishing to pursue research in this field can be supported and funded
- To produce a written report by summer 2022 on the above recommending next steps to the BACCH executive.
Members of the working group
- Chair - Mitch Blair, Professor of Paediatrics & Child Public Health, Imperial College, London
- Jo Garstang – Consultant Community Paediatrician/Visiting Senior Lecturer at Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS FT/Birmingham University
- Michelle Heys - Clinical Associate Professor. Population, Policy & Practice Dept. UCL GOS Institute of Child Health
- Ian Male - Consultant Community Paediatrician/Honorary Senior Lecturer at Sussex Community NHS FT/ Brighton and Sussex Medical School
- Alison Kemp - Emeritus Professor, School of Medicine, Cardiff
- Catherine Tuffrey - Consultant lead for research in community paediatrics in Solent
- Charlotte Wright - Professor of Community Child Health (Medicine), University of Glasgow